Qualified candidates will have proven experience supervising and managing projects within healthcare facilities, experience in outpatient imaging centers would be beneficial. The ability to manage ground up projects would also be beneficial.
The candidate will possess strong communication skills, leadership abilities and be responsible for the managing of subcontractors, suppliers, client vendors, project costs monitoring, schedule creation and management, and possess forward thinking problem solving skills. Computer skills required, MS Project for scheduling, MS office for documentation and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary liaison with owners/architects/engineers/governing authorities for the day to day construction activities of the project.
- Creation of the project schedule, from start to finish, with the ability to manage and update as necessary.
- Effectively communicate, and manage, subcontractors to ensure they are meeting the project schedule requirements.
- Understanding of risk management and documentation.
- Provide daily detailed written reports documenting of project activities, manpower on site and issues that need to be noted.
- Ability to manage field personnel.
- Responsible for managing the overall project safety and ensuring subcontractor compliance with company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations, prefer OSHA 30 trained.
- Responsible for project Quality Control and ensuring materials meet the project documents and specifications.
- Provide onsite coordination of manpower, materials, equipment and site logistics.
- Effectively manage job site challenges and emergencies.
- Effectively communicate with the Project Manager, Project Engineer and main office personnel.
- Monitor projects costs and provide proper job costing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate proficiency using a personal computer and company communication tools such as email, internet and Microsoft based programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Office)
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Specific knowledge of construction principles, practices and codes required for working in healthcare projects
- Specific knowledge of ICRA practices and ILSM practices.
- Experience understanding subcontracts, negotiating issues with subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Knowledge of building construction, scheduling, cost control procedures, project sequencing, contractor drawings and specifications
- A combination of education and experience of 7 years with increasingly responsible project superintendent related experience
- Some ground up construction experience
Entrepreneurial Spirit appreciated and encouraged.